Full-Time Digital Equipment Operator
1. Performs all aspects of digital printing and vinyl cutting including, but not limited to, opening computer files and RIPing, loading/unloading materials, calibrating machines for material and color, laminating prints and performing quality control checks.
2. Maintains equipment, performs minor service including, but not limited to, changing blades and ink, purging hoses, tightening belts and cleaning print heads.
3. Receives and reviews orders from the Lead Graphics Designer and ensures that print/vinyl-cut orders meet correct specifications; plans printing schedule for efficient use of material and time.
4. Monitors inventory of all inks, laminate and digital printing substrates; notifies Lead Graphics Designer of any problems impacting proper inventory levels.
5. Maintains accurate records of all time and materials used for digital printing, vinyl cutting and laminating.
6. Assists Graphic Designers as a back-up to create graphic files for customer approval, as needed, and keeps current with techniques in graphic design.
7. Assists in the production and installation of signs and graphics as needed.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
9. Promotes awareness of and follows Company and general safety policies.
10. Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
1. Graphic Arts degree preferred.
2. One year experience in sign making or graphics industry, or 3 years experience in manufacturing, production or construction setting
3. Working knowledge of graphic arts software; aptitude to learn in-house software; ability to operate computer keyboard and digital equipment with sufficient proficiency to complete work in a timely manner.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Mathematical skills sufficient for measuring, layout work and calculating material usage.
6. Skilled in use of small hand tools.
7. Ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds occasionally.
8. Able to wear negative pressure respirator on occasion.
9. Good eyesight and ability to distinguish colors.
10. Able to work flexible hours as needed
11. Valid driver’s license and driving abstract required.
23 total views, 1 today