Full-Time Field Technician – Puuhale
1. Completes and submits daily compaction reports which include a detail drawing of test locations in the work area to the QC Supervisor, Project Managers and/or Project Engineers.
2. Uses nuclear gauge to test field density and sets up the daily rolling patterns in the field.
a. Chalks the field density at specific locations for references for inspectors, Roller Operators and Forepersons.
b. Works directly with Roller Operators to determine the appropriate number of passes for each roller in order to achieve the specified compaction.
3. Cuts and tests core samples.
a. Cuts the appropriate number of cores at each location daily or by the next morning.
b. Labels and submits cores to the Project Manager / Project Engineer with data thoroughly recorded on a standard transmittal form.
c. Follows department protocol when handling and storing cores to ensure core quality and prevent damage during transport.
d. Submits daily/weekly core reports to the QC Supervisor, Project Manager and/or Project Engineer in accordance with department procedures.
4. Performs field sampling of hot mix asphalt (HMA) as determined by department protocol.
5. Takes daily jobsite photos before and after paving and stores photos in the department’s computer files.
6. Checks daily with the Lab Technician and the QC Supervisor to assist with lab testing when compaction tests are not required.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate with strong math/science aptitude.
2. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, E-mail. Adaptable to in-house software. Keyboarding skills sufficient to complete tasks in a timely manner.
3. Good math skills to perform accurate calculations for daily tasks.
4. Able to read and understand job requirements and technical specifications.
5. Ability to learn how to reference plans for test locations.
6. Valid Hawaii driver’s license and favorable traffic abstract.
7. Nuclear Gauge certification or ability to obtain one within the initial 90-day introductory period.
8. Ability to obtain security clearances within 90 days and maintain eligibility for all clearances.
9. Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner.
10. Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective internal and external communication.
11. Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime.
12. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs for long periods of time.
13. Must be at least 21 years of age.
30 total views, 1 today