Part-Time Hawaii Certified Peer Specialist-Intensive Services
Current or former recipient of mental health services who performs a wide range of tasks that are designed to assist consumers participating in the Community Based Case Management (CBCM/CC), with navigating services including, but not limited to, goal setting/planning and achievement, individual recovery/treatment plans, wrap-around treatment services, housing support services, and employment/vocational supports. The Hawaii Certified Peer Specialist (HCPS) will act as a navigator, and will work with the CBCM/CC team to facilitate their regaining personal control over their lives and over their own recovery processes. The Hawaii Certified Peer Specialist- Intensive Services HCPS-IS will be primarily working in the field with clients, and is not an office-based position. To comply with Hawaii Certified Peer Specialist and company code of ethics, confidentiality practices, HIPAA, safety and all other policies and procedures.
- A High School Diploma or High School Equivalency.
- One (1) year of experience providing direct services to individuals with mental illness or other behavioral health issues, paid or unpaid.
- Certification as a Peer Specialist in the State of Hawaii (HCPS) AND, demonstrates some evidence of mental health activity in the past two (2) years (i.e. advocacy, volunteer, support group involvement etc.). Certification as a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Facilitator.
- Must have strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent and continuous supports and services.
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential.
- TB Clearance, CPR/First Aid/CPI Certification.
- Valid Hawaii Driver’s license, clear traffic abstract, and willingness to use properly insured car.
**Please go to our website and submit all application materials (application, resume and cover letter) in order to be considered for employment. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
77 total views, 1 today