Full-Time Analyst Senior – PR1551
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Design, observe, reconstruct, analyze and report on submarine tactical development exercises in support of COMSUBPAC.
• Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or Applied Science. Bachelor’s Degree and significant in-field experience in quantitative submarine operations analysis may be acceptable in lieu of the Master’s Degree requirement.
• Extensive experience in submarine operations analysis tactical development.
• Experience as a team leader for tactical development projects.
• In-depth knowledge of current submarine tactical doctrine related to submarine search, approach, tracking and attack.
• In-depth knowledge of standard submarine target motion analysis techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of capabilities and limitations of submarine sensors, weapons, and combat systems including:
– MK-48 MOD 6, ACOT,CBASS Torpedoes
– AN/BQQ-10 Sonar System and current TI/APBs
– Advanced Towed Arrays
– Submarine Digital Fire Control Systems
– Sonar Tactical Decision Aid (STDA) and PCIMAT
• Proven expertise in the experimental design and scientific analysis of structured tactical development exercises to evalate new concepts, tactics, and procedures.
• Highly skilled in computer reconstruction of ship tracks and correlation of operational data, including the ability to deal with incomplete, poor quality or inconsistent data.
• Experience in drafting technical reports, memoranda and generate briefing material.
• Working knowledge of Underwater Range operations and capabilities at PMRF and SCORE.
• Capable of riding exercise submarines as at-sea test director/observer.
• Must possess a “Secret” clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a “Top Secret” security clearance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved time off.
• Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
• Perform occasional travel to remote client sites, as required.
• Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
• Ride submarines for short periods to observe exercises.
• Conduct exercise design, planning, and coordination with USN representatives.
• Collect data and reconstruct exercises.
• Conduct analysis of submarine exercises and real-world operations.
• Write reports and briefs on submarine tactics.
• Present technical results to Navy and civilian organizations.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
• May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
PESystems Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for Employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, marital status and disability (including physical or mental disability as well as pregnancy) veteran status or any other status protected by Federal State or local law.
289 total views, 1 today