Full-Time Assistant Construction Superintendent
BRPH is looking for an Assistant Construction Superintendent for our Oahu, Hawaii office location. The primary responsibilities are to support the Superintendent and Project Manager in the successful completion of assigned projects. The Assistant Superintendent participates in overseeing job site safety, quality, project scheduling, and communications with the architect and consultants on field and constructability issues. This position reports to the Project Manager & Project Superintendent.
When you join the BRPH family, you are not just a part of the staff, but an employee owner who sets your career path. We are a workplace that advocates career growth and boosts creativity. We promote diversity, flexibility and employee well-being. Your success is our inspiration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists superintendent with managing job site safety, quality, and schedule for assigned projects from pre-construction to closeout.
- Ensures BRPH standards of quality and safety are adhered to by assertively championing BRPH’s safety culture to project teams and subcontractors.
- Works collaboratively with project managers, superintendents, project team members, and field teams.
- Represents BRPH in a professional manner.
- Assists in managing the field and project team successfully and collaboratively.
- Establishes and maintains positive and effective relationships and communication with the client, construction manager, project team, consultants/architect/engineers, subcontractors, adjacent communities, and governmental agencies.
- Assists with job site logistics & field coordination set up.
- Participates in the review of project documents for constructability and content including shop drawings.
- Assists in enforcing a site-specific emergency action plan for assigned projects in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Coordinates subcontractors.
- Assists in coordinating building inspections, subcontractor inspections, and agencies.
- In collaboration with the Superintendent, performs daily job site walks and submits daily safety audit reports.
- Attends foreman meetings, pre-task meetings, safety meetings and project staff meetings.
- Assists with the management of job site manpower production and performance.
- Other related duties as assigned and needed.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Must have previous US Navy experience.
- Must have a general understanding of the construction industry, job site safety requirements, planning, building trades, sequence of work, and relevant technology.
- Must be proficient in reading blueprints.
- Must have excellent demonstrated initiative, communication, teamwork, and dependability.
- Must has a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have previously held a CAC card with the ability for reactivation. An active CAC card is preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship and the ability to obtain site access authorization for work sites.
- Walk, climb stairs, sit, and stand.
- Physically and safety navigate an active construction site.
- Speak and hear at reasonable levels.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Use hands and fingers to operate tools and other business machines.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this you may be exposed to conditions that include weather such as heat and/or humidity and cold, fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust and asphalt, and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can often be loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
50 total views, 1 today