Full-Time Executive Administrative Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Cultural Surveys Hawai‘i, Inc. (CSH) is a locally owned archaeology firm with offices on multiple islands. The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide on-site support for one of the company’s O‘ahu-based CSH Project Managers, assisting other project managers and project directors as needed.
Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Project support
- Assistance with archaeological research
- Assistance with report preparation, editing, formatting and processing
- Correspondence with clients and large agencies
- Facilitate project cost estimating and change orders
- Project coordination and logistics
- Occasional field support
- Administrative support
- Correspondence and scheduling
- File management (physical and electronic)
- Budget tracking
- Meeting attendance and note taking
- Must have excellent communication skills, both in speech and writing
- Basic computational skills (to help with project budget management)
- Solid computer skills are critical.
- Most work is done using Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with Access, Publisher, and PowerPoint is helpful), the company’s own database, the internet, and graphics programs. The company is transitioning to the Deltek software program for project and budget management.
- Must be able to operate with a high level of professionalism
- Must be organized and able to focus on tasks at hand
- Must be deadline driven and respond to tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Ability to interact professionally in an office environment, as well as maintain sensitivity and confidentiality for complex, sometimes controversial projects
- Background in archaeology, historic preservation, or a related field is a plus; general experience in research and report writing also useful
- Strong understanding of Hawaiian history, culture, and language preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Full-time availability (35-40 hours per week)
- Availability to attend night and weekend meetings
293 total views, 1 today