Full-Time Farm Crew Leader
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Farm Crew Leader Position
Kalona Brand Company is a vertically integrated, regenerative ag and food company focusing on cacao, ulu, and avocado crops on the North Shore of Oahu, and is seeking a Farm Crew Leader(s) to assist the Farm Manger in the management of the day-to-day operations of the farm including soil preparation, weed management, irrigation management, planting, pruning, harvesting, and post-harvest processing.
- Crew Leader is responsible for assisting the Farm Manager with all aspects of the farm management and leading a crew in daily farm management and operations including soil preparation, weed management, irrigation management, planting, pruning, harvesting, and post-harvest processing.
Planning & Development:
- Crew Leader optimizes day-to-day operations and adjusts as
- Crew Leader carries out the development and execution of the proposed farm plan. With limited guidance from the Farm Manager helps to manage crew members, contractors, and other
- Assists the Farm Manager in the development and implementation of the overall farm plan
Financial Management & Reporting:
- As necessary, assists the Farm Manager in updates to, and reports on, progress of the project.
- Helps to oversee and manages relationship with assigned partners, contractors, and other team members and reports on activities.
Project Management & Operations:
- Develops and implements day-to-day operations including hiring farm team and general staff oversight, crop and harvest management, processing and value add production, crop storage and shipment, and equipment purchases/leases and
- Crew Leader is responsible for working collaboratively with a variety of internal and external partners. May prepare and manage Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) for consultants, contractors and
- Directly supports the Farm Manager to ensure timely execution of the
- Develops and maintains project plans and tracking
Partnership & Community Relations:
- Assists with community relations efforts in the
- May attend community meetings and assist with presentations to groups including neighborhood boards, public officials and business
Education & Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates and Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of related farm management experience or equivalent combination of education and
- Operating experience in tropical and other growing climates, including experience in on-farm water, soil, pest and diseases
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated farm management skills
- Effective at leveraging relationships (internal and external) to break down barriers, share information and promote effective
- Knowledge of Hawaii and working knowledge of practical farm operations such as: planting, irrigation, fertilizing, and harvesting of crops.
- Work history in the agriculture industry and general mechanical skills are
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral communication, and
- Computer skills and working knowledge of GPS/GIS, Microsoft Excel, Word and
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments
78 total views, 1 today