Full-Time Project Engineer – Big Island
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated Project Engineer to join our team. The Project Engineer applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. They make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods. They work closely with Clients, Contractors, and 3rd parties that are involved with projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in engineering and/or construction.
- General construction knowledge required.
- PE license preferred. If not, must be working towards obtaining PE within 3 years.
- Ability to provide quality customer service and support.
- Good work ethic, self-directed worker.
- Good communication skills, verbal, and written.
- Strong aptitude in mathematics, physical science, and engineering
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Primavera P6, and AutoCAD
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Good time management skills, ability to balance demand amongst different projects,
- Should be a creative, persuasive, critical thinker, and must be aware of ethical issues of an engineer.
- Firm understanding of project contracts, specifications, and drawings.
- Able to travel to different work sites
- Ability to work outside with increase noise levels.
- Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Basic understanding of OSHA Safety requirements (40 CFR 1926). OSHA 30 hr preferred.
- Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support to Clients in all required facets.
- Be the liaison between the Client and Contractor.
- Ensure that projects are on schedule and within appropriate budget.
- Coordinate projects with Clients, Contractors, and 3rd parties involved with the projects (e.g., Fire Department, BOW, HECO, DOE, and DOT)
- Coordinate project and schedule updates and workforce scheduling.
- Review and process design and contract administration requirements- RFI’s, submittals, change orders, progress payments.
- State of Hawaii DOT (HWY/Harbors) experience preferred.
- Coordinate Field Inspectors and ensure all pertinent information is passed on and noted.
- Proficient in reading and comprehending plans and specs, be able to make connections between field plans/specs.
- Perform work site visits, field measurements, and maintain logs.
- Research and respond to RFIs as needed.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please apply directly online at www.bowersandkubota.com.
83 total views, 1 today