Full-Time Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Tripler Army Medical Center is the headquarters of the Regional Health Command-Pacific (RHC-P) of the armed forces administered by the United States Army in the state of Hawaii. It is the largest military hospital in the Asian and Pacific Rim region and serves a military sphere of jurisdiction.
***THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD***
Will perform a variety of duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Operates/monitors/manages patient care requiring highly complex technical equipment and interventions.
- Responsible for the direct patient care and coordinates with interdisciplinary personnel for additional patient care activities.
- Use and instruct others in the use of simple and specialized equipment appropriate to the clinical area
- Uses appropriate interview and observation skills to obtain pertinent patient information.
- Communicates patient’s progress to patients, families, and members of the health care team.
- Administers simple and complex medications via oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal, topical, rectal, respiratory and intravenous routes and make interdisciplinary referrals
- Performs treatments as ordered using aseptic technique and assists with procedures when necessary.
- Operate emergency resuscitative equipment
- Assess pre, inter, and post-operative progress of the patient, identify deviations from the expected outcomes and responds with appropriate action.
- Teaches and informs patients families about disease processes, pre- and post-operative care, diagnostic procedures, equipment in use, health maintenance, illness prevention, and actual and potential adverse reactions to medicines.
- Take part in clinic Quality Assurance and Process Improvement program as required to meet the Standards of the Joint Commission.
- Prepare all records and reports as required in support of services provided and required by MTF Standard Operating Procedures.
- Degree in Nursing or related field
- Graduate of nursing program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing or National League of Nursing
- Current, unrestricted license with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse action, in any state in the United States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must possess both BLS and ACLS.
- Minimum 5 years as a registered nurse with the last three years of operating room nursing experience. Must demonstrate age-specific competency in the care of pediatric and adult patients with medical and/or surgical problems. One year of experience must have occurred within the last three years.
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and effectively communicate through both writing and speech.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office Products
Follow this link to apply: https://btltech.mua.hrdepartment.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=601
- Visit us at www.btltech.com
1182 total views, 1 today