The Hawaii State Pubic Charter School Commission (“SPCSC”) seeks an Accountant to independently perform professional accounting work. The SPCSC is a nine-member body appointed by the Hawaii Board of Education that is responsible for the authorizing and oversight of Hawaii’s public charter schools. The Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer and, among other duties:
- Performs a variety of accounting duties for the Commission office and charter schools, including distributing State general fund and Federal grant fund allocations; processing payments to vendors and other reimbursement requests; maintaining petty cash, reconciling accounts with financial records, making journal entries; generating financial reports, and preparing work papers as needed for the Commission’s annual external audit;
- Processes payment requests in DOE’s budget and financial systems;
- Provides back-up support to payroll processing;
- Maintains the Commission’s budget reports in eBuddi, eAnalytical, eVariance, eRevenue, eCIP, and other State systems;
- Provides information and support in the development and revision of policies and regulations and assists in the development and documentation of office systems and procedures; and
- Performs other duties appropriate for the position.
This is an exempt, excluded position.
Education: The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum of 24 semester credit hours in accounting and/or auditing subjects.
Experience: The candidate should possess at least two years of progressively responsible professional accounting and/or auditing experience.
Knowledge: Governmental accounting principles and procedures; general practices of financial record keeping and office procedures; and the ability to maintain or review fiscal records, summarize fiscal data, and prepare or review financial statements. Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office, Google applications, and Quickbooks preferred.
The ideal candidate should be flexible and adaptable to workload changes based on workload priorities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should respond in confidence by e-mail with cover letter, resume, and professional references to:
Hawaii State Public Charter School Commission
1111 Bishop Street, Ste. 516
Honolulu, HI 96813
E-mail to: Jannelle.Watson@spcsc.hawaii.gov
Equal Opportunity Employer.
35 total views, 1 today