Full-Time Military Network Specialist – 8 position
Trace Systems, headquartered in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia, was founded in 1999 to support and defend our nation’s security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
Job Title: Military Network Specialist/Technician
Job Location: Oahu, Hawaii and Scott AFB
Security Clearance: Secret
Required Certification: Security + or IA Level II or higher
Shifts: Rotations (1st, 2nd, 3rd and weekends)
- Candidates shall be responsible for providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to DISA and its supported end users.
- Personnel shall provide subject matter expertise to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network.
- Contractor shall be directly involved in network configurations, system monitoring, remote terminal activation, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking integral to our client’s Baseband, IF, and RF Communications.
- Personnel shall also be responsible for build-outs and maintenance of the IP infrastructure, usingand be familiar with a number of application monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Orion Network Monitoring System (NMS), VX Builder, VX Watch, Cisco Call Manager (CCM), Viasat VINE Manager, iBuilder, iMonitor and iSite.
- The contractor shall provide written reports (trouble tickets, outage reports) as required by mission protocol.
- The contractor shall also provide support on an on call basis and could be asked to report in for emergency operations.
- This position requires shift work.
- The contractor shall manage and configure various equipment at the DOD Gateways located at various sites around the world.
- The contractor shall be responsible for configuring assorted telecommunications equipment including; iDirect, Linkway, and Advantech IP Modems, IP switches and routers, Cisco Call Managers, voice switches, KG equipment, frequency converters, and other equipment IAW with established parameters, TTPs and SOPs.
- The contractor shall create modem configuration files, switch and router configuration files, and voice equipment configurations.
- The contractor shall be responsible for remotely accessing and de-accessing users into the IP/SATCOM networks and assist users with troubleshooting SATCOM and IP network problems.
- The contractor shall be required to coordinate with external offices and agencies; including the DISA CONEX Branch, network users, MILSATCOM and Commercial SATCOM vendor NOCs, DISA IP NOCs, and other communications planners, managers and operators.
- The contractor must be able to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in written form.
- The contractor shall analyze SAR/GARs, SAA/GAAs, TSOs, TRs, Transmission Plans and other documentation to determine configuration requirements and configuration alternatives and report results to the government managers as required.
- The contractor shall develop network diagrams and cutsheets, using government provided tools and applications, based on these analyses and provide the documents to the government.
- The contractor shall provide status reporting on equipment status, network status, network utilization using software applications and products provide by the government.
- The contractor shall create and manage TMS Remedy tickets.
- The contractor shall update SATCOM and IP network utilizations and status reports daily.
- The contractor shall contribute to daily, monthly and annual resource utilization reports.
- The contractor shall perform passphrase management IAW establish SOPs and TTPs. Passphrase management includes issuing passphrases, maintaining the passphrase database, and daily reporting utilization.
- On an as required basis, the Contractor shall develop network diagrams and cutsheets using Government tools and software applications; provide status reports on equipment status, network status, and network utilization using Government tools and software applications; and shall enter outage information in the Government’s Trouble Management System trouble ticketing system.
- On a daily basis, the Contractor shall update SATCOM and IP network utilization and status reports and AES passphrase utilization report.
1329 total views, 3 today