Full-Time Information Technology (Web Developer/System Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Position is expected to begin in July 2017 and was previously advertised as Information Technology (Web Developer/System Administrator).
- Assess, design, develop, and implement solutions in meeting requirements and industry best practices for application and database services and support.
- Develop new web programs to interface with backend databases as well as implement releases to existing websites.
- Identify and evaluate integration considerations and impact to other systems at the University, and recommend best approach based on best practices.
- Develop data extract scripts and coordinate secure transmission of data for system integration needs and/or to facilitate UH system data reporting needs including those external to UH. Design and document file layouts; maintain data element dictionary.
- Ensure compliance with ITS Information Security Office’s policy; manage data governance requirements and ensure adherence to securing PII, HIPAA and other data confidentiality requirements.
- Coordinate & support user acceptance testing by creating test files and test data. Debug and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain internal website and advise content developers/editors of the website style and content guidelines; ensure those guidelines are followed.
- Work closely with enterprise Information Technology Services resources to ensure infrastructure and network requirements are met in support of HR applications.
- Actively participate in professional development to keep abreast of the constant changes in technology & complexities of the field. (e.g. consult w/colleagues and vendors; attend seminars/workshops/conferences/webinars; & review of relevant literature).
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the UH system on strategies, emerging technologies, best practices and ideas to continually improve services and promote use of technology.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a pertinent baccalaureate educational degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science and 3 years of progressively responsible professional information technology experience with responsibilities for system administration, web development, security, and system integration, of which 2 years of the experience must have been comparable in scope and complexity to the next lower payband in the University of Hawai’i broadband system; or any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Considerable working knowledge of system administration, web development, security, and system integration as demonstrated by the broad knowledge and understanding of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving information technology concepts, principles and methodology.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of the broad technology, systems, hardware and software associated with application programming interfaces, LAN, World Wide Web applications, Internet Protocols, databases.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize a wide range of intricate problems, use reasoning and logic to determine accurate causes, and apply principles and practices to determine, evaluation, integrate, and implement practical and thorough solutions in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Working knowledge of web development tools, database tables and infrastructure considerations that results in successful web-based deliverables.
- Experience with identifying integration options with other systems, data conversion and data validation exercises.
- Considerable knowledge of data retrieval and manipulation using SQL, Transact-SQL, and stored procedures in environments such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot multiple issues using reasoning and logic to identify root cause and mitigate the issue in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish tasks in a timely and positive manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work outside normally scheduled work hours as needed to include day, night, weekend and/or holiday hours as directed.
- General knowledge of network and infrastructure considerations for web deployments.
- Knowledge of security issues as it relates to servers, databases, data transmission, firewalls, and application software development.
- Experience in the implementation of 3rd party or internally developed applications, integration considerations with other applications, applying upgrades, patches and fixes ie, post-implementation support and coordinating user acceptance testing.
- Brenda Shin; 808-956-8601; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.
64 total views, 1 today