Full-Time Project Engineer – Puuhale
1. Initiates letters of intent and subcontracts to subcontractors at the start of a project. Organizes and schedules subcontractors. Ensures all release of lien claims are received from subcontractors.
2. Performs material take-offs and initiates purchasing of all permanent materials. Performs cost proposals for changes in drawings and specifications. Performs monthly pay request to agency/ owner. Tracks project cost daily. Responsible for daily and weekly construction progress report (CPR). Obtains permits that are required by local and federal government requirements.
3. Maintains an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers. Has a thorough knowledge of the construction documents, subcontracts and purchase orders. Responds to questions about the drawings, specifications, shop drawings and change orders.
4. Performs submittal reviews, ensures that testing is performed and submits documentation as required by the contract.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
6. Promotes awareness of and follows Company and general safety policies.
7. Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
1. B.S. in civil or construction engineering preferred.
2. 3 years in the construction industry preferred.
3. Proficiency with Word, Excel, AutoCad, LotusNotes or other email software.
4. Valid Hawaii driver’s license and favorable traffic abstract.
5. Excellent math skills to perform daily tasks.
6. Ability to read and understand contract documents and blueprints.
7. EIT Certificate preferred.
8. Must be at least 21 years of age.
23 total views, 1 today