Full-Time Accounting Clerk
Unitek Solvent Services, Inc. is located in Campbell Industrial Park, Kapolei.
Looking for motivated individual who is not afraid to ask questions when in doubt, but has a firm understanding of business and accounting procedures.
Accounting position with opportunity for advancement depending on the performance and understanding of administrative, accounting and business practices. The position defines the minimum job requirements, but where that leads is up to the individual’s desire and abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Review invoices for extensions, approval for payment by authorized department head, compare against PO, and code invoices.
- Post invoices into the A/P system.
- Alert VP of invoices that are old or with large or inconsistent or unusual amounts .
- Reconcile between vendor statements and outstanding vendor balances.
- File vendor invoices and maintain vendor files (both hard copy and digitized).
- Produce 1099’s and 1096’s at year-end.
2) ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- Post daily receipts and resolve any discrepancies between cash receipt and invoiced amount.
- Record and work to collect bounced checks
- Prepare monthly customer statements.
- Follow-up on delinquent accounts by making collection calls.
3) MONEY-HANDLING & BANKING
- Prepare daily bank deposits and post daily deposits (cash & cards) to customer accounts.
- Ensure deposits in the bank are reconciled with the books.
4) OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily run to post office to pick up mail.
- Sort mail and process checks, and route vendor invoices and other correspondence to the appropriate departments.
- Answer and route phone calls, take and route messages as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Requires solid understanding of accounting documents and chart of accounts for coding vendor invoices.
- Minimum 1 year experience required.
- Drivers license with clean abstract required as position will entail driving company vehicle to the post office at times.
308 total views, 3 today