Part-Time Administrative & Communications Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Play a leading role at the Church with your warm and welcoming presence. Use your strong administrative skills to organize the Parish office activities and provide support to the Rector. Your flair for writing, keen eye for design, and skill with social media tools are critical for helping the Church share its message and create community.
You will provide administrative support to the Rector and be the welcoming presence at the office. You will also create and produce newsletters, social media and communications materials.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned by Rector.
- Welcome and assist visitors and parishioners to the office.
- Create and distribute weekly online newsletter, worship service materials, and parish calendar of events.
- Update website and social media.
- Respond to and resolve administrative inquires and questions.
- Maintain filing systems and retrieve information as requested.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills, Abilities and Education:
- Detail-oriented and professional.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient with computers, preferably with Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications.
- Good understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently and reliably.
- Team player with willingness to assist where needed.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Hands-on experience with social media, email distribution, and website applications. Proficiency with Constant Contact and Weebly preferred.
- Must be able to work at a physical office location during regular business hours, preferably 9 am to noon, Monday to Thursday. Location of office is in Aina Haina area.
- High School Diploma/GED or Associate’s degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in administrative or related role, preferably in a parish or non-profit environment.
- Hourly compensation commensurate with experience ($18/hr to $20/hr).
- Supportive work environment with opportunities to grow skills and increase responsibilities.
- Participation in Holy Nativity community events and programs.
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Nativity is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on age, race, gender, religion, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
52 total views, 1 today