Reporting to the Pastry Chef, this position is responsible for creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts in efforts to deliver quality products for our guests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Prepares pastries, doughs, batters, cakes, pies and other products according to designated recipes and quality standards.
* Safely operates mixers, ovens, fryers, sheeter, and other equipment.
* Proofs, bakes, and fries various yeast products.
* Ices and finishes cakes.
* Bakes and finishes pies.
* Fills pastries (i.e. long johns, eclairs, cream puffs, malasadas, etc.)
* Maintains a safe, sanitary and organized work area.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
* Works flexible shifts according to the needs of the assigned store.
* Push, pull, and carry up to 50 – 75 pounds.
* Repetitive wrist and hand motions.
* Stand and walk at least 8 hours.
* Reaching, bending, squatting, pushing and pulling regularly.
* Passed a tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 5 years of start date.
* Pass a drug screening test.
* Works in extreme temperatures from a hot kitchen to chill and/or frozen room.
* High school diploma or equivalent required..
* Prior bakery experience preferred.
* Organized and maintains a high level of attention to detail.
* Able to work independently or as part of a team.
* Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending the English language.
* Trustworthy with company property.
* Enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
* Punctual and dependable.
40 total views, 2 today