Full-Time CDL B Driver
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Warehouse CDL-B driver
Valve Service & Supply Inc. is the supplier of pipe, valves, fire protection, fittings, and accessories, fencing, and valve & pump repair for the State of Hawai’i.
Warehouse driver operates a company owned truck under supervision of the warehouse manager. Providing safe and efficient transportation of products to our customers and shipping services. Performs routine truck inspections and maintenance. Maintains detailed records of work performed; makes timely reports of incidents and unusual occurrences. Report’s accidents immediately to the warehouse manager Responsible for the safe operation of company owned truck.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive and process incoming shipments (unload breakdown, scan, label, report discrepancies, store).
- Pull, prepare, and process assigned customer orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (loads pallet, utilize totes and repack boxes as needed, label, wrap, ship).
- Perform inventory controls. Keep quality standards high for monthly and year-end physical counts.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment. Make suggestions for optimal space utilization. Note and report any and all dangerous, unsafe conditions. Sweep, dust, and mop. Maintain warehouse orderliness at all times.
- Communicate and cooperate with coworkers, team leaders, and managers.
- Must be able to pass the Forklift Operator Certification training. Properly and safely operate all warehouse vehicles and equipment. Follow preventative maintenance procedures and log. Wear the company designated safety PPE equipment as required.
- Actively comply with all company procedures, rules, regulations, and quality service standards.
Skills and Competency Requirements
- Experience in the operation of a single axle flatbed truck
- Knowledge of O’ahu road ways
- Able to locate delivery addresses
- Able to maintain the daily delivery schedule
- Understand and follow safety procedures
- Knowledge of truck inspections
- Must be able to learn quickly, retain and apply job knowledge, have good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to detect changes and damages in products.
- Can communicate well with coworkers, team leaders, and managers.
- ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written.
- Be courteous and respectful of our customers and your coworkers’ duties, belongings, and rights.
- Previous warehouse experience desired but not mandatory.
- Must pass with a completely negative result a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must be able to work overtime and weekends when required.
VS&S is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
High School diploma or equivalent – required
Required: 1 to 3 years directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- At least 21 years of age with an excellent driving record (verified)
- Must possess a current valid Class B commercial driver’s license
- Must pass the pre-employment substance screening
- Pass a medical examination as required by the DOT
- Ability to load and unload material and operate our delivery trucks
- Able to work independently
- Willing to work shifts that vary from day to day
- Time management
- Positive Attitude
- Observes company policies, procedures, protocols, and rules
64 total views, 1 today