Full-Time Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Tripler Army Medical Center is the headquarters of the Regional Health Command-Pacific (RHC-P) of the armed forces administered by the United States Army in the state of Hawaii. It is the largest military hospital in the Asian and Pacific Rim region and serves a military sphere of jurisdiction.
***THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD***
Will perform a variety of duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides independent anesthesia care for American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) physical status classification 1 and 2 patients.
- Monitoring anesthesia care, management of patient anesthesia experience, and performing preoperative evaluations and preparation.
- Administering spinal, epidural, bier block, axillary block and other reginal anesthesia and general anesthetics.
- Monitoring patients’ reactions to anesthesia and surgery, managing fluid therapy, and performing post-operative evaluations.
- Responsible for determining when a physician (anesthesiologist) will be consulted for the delivery of anesthesia care to ASA 1 and 2 patients.
- Advises anesthesiologist or attending physician of adverse reactions necessitating non-delegated medical decisions, takes appropriate actions as directed or required.
- Utilizes Composite Health Care System (CHCS) to maintain all required records to included ordering of ancillary procedures, ordering of medications, entering orders, and performing other required patient record functions.
- Adheres to the Centers for Disease Control guidelines concerning universal precautions and the MTF infection control program at all times while providing services under this contract.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of anesthesia equipment.
- Prepares service reports and collect data.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field
- Graduate of an approved anesthesia program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthetist Education Program Schools or its predecessors.
- Current, unrestricted license with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse action, in any state in the United States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- In addition to BLS and ACLS must possess one of the following pediatric certifications: Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a licensed, board certified CRNA with continuous experience during the last twelve months.
- Must have current experience (1 year or more within last 3 years) providing epidural anesthesia (labor epidurals).
- Must be certified every 2 years by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Must possess experience in the delivery of and monitoring of all types of anesthesia utilized in the delivery of obstetrical and surgical anesthesia (general endotracheal, subarachnoid block and epidural, and IV regional techniques)
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and effectively communicate through both writing and speech.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office Products
Follow this link to apply: https://btltech.mua.hrdepartment.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=595
1188 total views, 1 today