Full-Time Construction Manager – Maui
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking an experienced Construction Manager to join our Maui Team. The Construction Manager oversees the managerial direction of many projects where technical complexity is at the highest and client/owner relationships are of great importance.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years construction experience with 3 – 5 years management experience.
- PE and/or CCM certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the entire construction process including planning, design, procurement, permitting, pre-construction, performance, monitoring, and closeout.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and multitask while being proactive and aware of deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, contractors, consultants, and employees at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis skills.
- Proficient at MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work outside with increased noise levels and vibrations.
- Ability to work and function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and conditions that are associated with construction and development projects.
- Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage processing of Requests for Information (RFIs), submittals, and Change Orders.
- Review Project Inspector Daily Reports and project photos.
- Resolve construction issues by visiting the jobsite, communicating with the owner and project designer.
- Review project documents including plans and specifications.
- Look for possible upcoming issues prior to construction.
- Coordinate project start-up including reviewing contract documents and administering a pre-construction meeting.
- Coordinate project closeout.
- Prepare and write up weekly and monthly reports.
- Works with project manager to review budget and determine scope of work required and create a pricing schedule of proposed standard and upgrade options depending on the floor plan.
- Looks at specifications for plan procedures, start and completion dates, staffing requirements for each phase of construction project. Estimates the scope of work and obtains bids for comparison and completion of each job.
- Directs and motivates supervisory personnel, subcontractors and staff engaged in planning and executing work procedures.
- Interprets specifications and company policies to subordinates and/or contractors and enforces safety regulations. Analyzes and resolves work problems, including worker complaints.
- Inspects property and units under construction regularly to make sure work conforms to specifications, budget and schedule and initiates any repair or replacement needs and/or adjustment of working procedures. Communicates with contractor, team, and client regularly regarding how the project is improving.
- Coordinates construction and upgrades with clients and secures necessary documentation and deposits. Once work is finished, performs a final inspection with clients to ensure all items are completed as per contract.
- Assists the manager in maintaining and overseeing service contracts, negotiates new contracts or terminates existing ones as required. Directs project operations and procedures.
- Reviews and approves invoices as required and submits approved bills to accounting department for processing and payment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please apply directly online at www.bowersandkubota.com.
78 total views, 1 today