Nakupuna Solutions is looking for a Custodial Professional to work under the general supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Manager or Site Supervisor, the Custodial Professional (custodian) has the primary responsibility for cleaning facilities in such a way to promote health and safety while reducing the spread of infection. It is the role of the custodian to follow daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, and annual cleaning schedules. The custodian will be working with a team of facility maintenance personnel and may also be responsible for performing additional duties not stipulated below.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Reports to a Facility Maintenance Manager who is responsible for the direction of housekeeping services in the facility and takes direction from a Lead Custodian.
- Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware using established practices and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes all rooms (e.g., laboratories, washrooms, offices, conference rooms, record rooms, and common areas) using established practices and procedures.
- Keeps washrooms stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment, as necessary.
- Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
- Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
- Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
- Maintains cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, and cleaning compounds.
- Locks and unlocks assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use, checks for unlocked doors and windows, reports any unauthorized occupants, turns off lights.
- Attends to emergencies when necessary.
- Attends safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Takes classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, outstanding customer service skills, ability to work effectively individually and with a team, ability to follow oral and written instructions, proven record of cleaning and sanitizing laboratories, offices, washrooms and showers, in-depth knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, strong background in handling, mixing and using cleaning chemicals in a safe manner, proven ability to work for long hours on one’s feet, agile to perform physical tasks constantly, knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Candidate must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Nakupuna Solutions will work with the government to obtain this pass at no cost to the employee. This position provides custodial services at several buildings at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Education and Experience: Requirements consist of 2 years experience in building or institutional custodial work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical requirements: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk/hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please go to: https://careers-nakupuna.icims.com/jobs/1379/custodial-professional/job
The Nakupuna Companies are employers of equal opportunity that are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or veteran status.
62 total views, 3 today