Full-Time Electrical Computer Aided Design Designer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated Electrical Computer Aided Design Designer (CADD) to join our team. This person will develop and produce assigned project designs and plans. An Electrical CADD is expected to professionally coordinate and communicate their design intents with multiple trades and disciplines.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of related work experience.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years in 2D CAD software, AutoCAD, Revit, and/or Bentley MicroStation experience.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task projects and establish priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Acrobat, and Bluebeam Revu
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to work with speed and accuracy
- Disciplined and driven to meet and commit to project deadlines
- Able to work with different personality types on a professional level
- Ability to work long periods of time on the computer
- Ability to communicate with various consultants via telephone and computer
- Ability to interpret directions and implement the work in a timely fashion
- Analytical in nature and have a propensity for problem solving
- Self-starter & team player
- Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions
- Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and clients
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare presentation drawings.
- Develop hand drawing, rendering, and model building skills.
- Develop and prepare scaled construction drawings and project manuals that illustrate the building’s appearance, plans and details for design review, client review, permitting and construction
- Explore alternate design approaches as directed by Project Manager/Engineer
- Project planning and integrating engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Ability to coordinate drawings and specifications with consultants and other design team members
- Prepares project designs and plans using computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and associated software
- Prepares studies and reports as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
133 total views, 1 today