Job Purpose: This position with be responsible for assuring that all civil and environmental engineering goals are attained.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Perform a variety of duties involving the execution, management, coordination, monitoring and oversight of civil and/or environmental projects.
- Plan, manage, and conduct environmental assessments, investigations, designs, remediations, and long-term management and maintenance of hazardous waste and military munitions sites.
- Conduct project and contract management of environmental projects, including complying with scopes of work, developing and managing project schedules, and performing financial management such as preparing invoices, monthly/periodic status reports, and preparing cost estimates for environmental projects.
- Responsible for preparing technical reports, development and oversight of remedial/removal actions, field sampling and field procedures of soil and groundwater investigations, and oversight of munitions response project
- Manages client expectations and maintains routine communication with clients and regulatory agencies
- Travel to project sites is required.
Skills/Qualifications: Ability to interact with clients, regulatory agencies, field operations, technical staff, and subcontractors. Capable of writing project work plans, health and safety plans, traffic control plans, erosion plans, etc. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Proven teambuilding and leadership skills highly desired.
Military Installation Access and Security Clearance: This position requires access to military installations. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass and currently hold or able to obtain a security clearance.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, or related field from an Accreditation Board of Engineering (ABET) accredited college or university required.
Certifications: M.S./P.E. or other professional certifications preferred
Physical requirements: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 30 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards.
Na Ali`i Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
335 total views, 1 today