Full-Time Guest Service Agent
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing, friendly and creative Guest Services Agent who will thrive on providing sensational customer service and quality experiences for our guests. The selected individual will be responsible for working in our Guest Services/Retail Department. The Guest Services Agent will be responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere for our guests in a fun, outdoor environment, while assisting in the pre and post dolphin experience. Some experience working with computers, cameras and a basic understanding of cashiering is preferred. Cross-training and scheduling in other departments will be an integral part of this position. Flexibility with daily assignments and scheduling is required, including working any day of the week, weekends and public holidays.
- Demonstrate and maintain level of professionalism and be an example of leadership at all time.
- Proficiently, accurately and promptly process morning program charges.
- Exhibit superior knowledge and skill level in using reservations system and reporting software.
- Demonstrate superior cash register, cash handling and cash balancing skills.
- Input all information into reservation system following Dolphin Quest protocol.
- Keep all guest information confidential, including payment information.
- Use personal and confidential login username when operating computers and promptly log off when leaving station.
- Make adjustments to existing reservations while abiding by Dolphin Quest policies.
- Conduct opening duties efficiently when opening check-in desk.
- Conduct closing duties efficiently when closing check-in desk, including balancing and posting for the day.
- Inform supervisor immediately when any equipment failure occurs.
- Resolve customer complaints whenever possible according to Dolphin Quest guidelines.
- Assist with photo sales throughout day.
- Help to coordinate staffing coverage as needed throughout day.
- Enthusiastically approach and respond to guest inquiries in a positive, confident, and effective manner.
- Be personally available to greet and check in guests, offer assistance, address concerns and provide sensational service during guest interactions.
- Process walk-up and phone reservations through the computer reservations system.
- Answer calls, respond to inquiries, record and relay messages accurately, and direct them to the appropriate Crew Member or department.
- Actively pursue Quest Engagement to cultivate guests’ interest in dolphins and Dolphin Quest programs and products.
- Share knowledge of Dolphin Quest, its history, the habitat, and the dolphins.
- Actively work to effectively merchandise, and promote retail sales.
- Operates cash register, camera, computer and other office equipment.
- Performs photographic duties for our programs.
- Maintain quality appearance of our Dolphin Quest facility by attractively displaying products; cleaning work areas keeping displays tidy, restocking merchandise, and reorganizing work areas for maximum efficiency.
- Effectively and accurately process all financial transactions throughout the day.
- Assist Guests with life jacket fittings and program preparation.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and maintain composure and professionalism.
- Creatively generate new ideas and working solutions.
- Embrace the Dolphin Quest “open door” policy, in which Crew Members are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Maintain open and positive relations with all Dolphin Quest locations and Crew Members.
- Maintain safe working conditions for Crew Members and guests, and ensure safety concerns are reported and resolved quickly.
- Be environmentally responsible.
- Support community involvement.
- Serve in whatever role is needed for better company efficiency and productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in hospitality industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Cash handling and end-of-day banking experience.
- Japanese speaking a plus.
- Work effectively with both children and adults.
- Ability to work varied schedules, including required weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate computers, cameras and cash register.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by a Crew Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The Crew Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Crew member will be required to work outdoors in uneven terrain with constant exposure to sun, wind and outdoor elements; move about on slippery surfaces; on the job duties may require periods of time in salt-water, actively swimming, diving and working in ocean water elements. This job may entail repeated entry and exit into lagoon area with the need to hoist self out of the lagoon.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay: $15.00 / Hour with excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, prescription, life/AD&D and EAP)
120 total views, 1 today