Temporary Help Desk Specialist
Na Ali’i is looking for a temporary, full-time, Help Desk Specialist to be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software to our staff and system users. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solution.
- Provide first line support for any technical issues and problems and follow up with solutions.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Provide technical knowledge required for engineering, integrating, deploying, and installing A/V systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, networking, server, operating systems, and terminology.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically with occasional on-call/after-hours support.
- Install, maintain, and repair voice, data, VTC, and wireless communication systems.
- Support development and updates to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Author and update training manuals, stay current with systems, changes and updates.
- Test, locate, and repair equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and perform routine maintenance.
- Triage issues, understand and route issues to the correct resources, track requests and document resolutions.
- Walk customers through troubleshooting procedures as well as train computer users.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals Run diagnostic applications to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Manage, schedule, and conduct VTC for the agency.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Provide technical support during and after normal business hours to include Government activities such as emergency response exercises and hurricane and tsunami relief exercises.
- Migrate and backup data between user account profiles on networked computer systems, database, and file share servers with zero loss of customer data.
Organizational and planning skills, exceptional oral and written communication, customer service and problem analysis/solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented, self-motivated and self-monitoring, and capable of multi-tasking.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass (successful pass of background check).
Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position requires a minimum of an active Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires at least (3) three years’ experience providing help desk/IT customer support. Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment. Experience in call tracking applications and customer service practices. Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support. Bachelor’s degree preferred. The ability to obtain a Sec+ ce is a preferred certification for this environment.
To apply, please go to:https://careers-nakupuna.icims.com/jobs/1475/help-desk-specialist/job
The Nakupuna Companies are employers of equal opportunity that are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or veteran status.
65 total views, 6 today