Full-Time Kitchen Manager
POSITION TITLE: Kitchen Manager
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Center Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Salary
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Kitchen Manager will oversee all operations of the Kitchen and Café. The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for providing Food and Beverage (F&B) services for various outlets and functions including the conference center, the Kroc Café, Early Education Center, Aquatic deck and Classroom parties, portable F&B kiosks and more. In addition to traditional events, the Kitchen Manager will execute special event F&B requirements in coordination with other departments (e.g. Development, Programs, and Ministry). The Kitchen Manager is responsible for achieving financial objectives which are in line with industry standards. The Kitchen Manager directs food preparation to ensure safe, quality dishes are served on schedule. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for maintaining a quality control system to ensure all prepared food items are served consistently to predetermined expectations.
The Kitchen Manager will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience in managing a high-demand and diverse environment with focus on internal and external customers, including contract workers, and multiple outlets in order to maximize productivity.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Kitchen or Culinary Manager of high volume kitchens, casual dining kitchens and banquet facilities.
- Minimum two years experience with food and labor cost control, inventory management, menu development and pricing, staffing, and supervising and scheduling a kitchen team.
- Experience organizing, and balancing multiple events concurrently.
- Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal, with a high degree of professionalism and using latest technologies.
- Proven experience in accomplishing projects with little supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software as related to the food industry.
- BA or related culinary degree.
- Two years experience coordinating special events.
- Manage all operations of the kitchen and café.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Develop an operating budget for the kitchen and cafe, monitor and take corrective action as necessary to assure that budgeted objectives are attained. Ensure that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place.
- Routinely meet with Events staff and occasionally with clients directly to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Plan menus and collaborate with Events to develop menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Resolve any guest concerns in a prompt and professional manner regarding service and quality.
- Determine production schedules and staffing necessary to ensure timely delivery of products and services.
- Conduct a detailed monthly inventory report.
- Ensure food service equipment is properly serviced and on schedule. Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all kitchen and café staff to exceed expectations in food preparation, presentation, POS system, and customer service.
- Ensure Department of Health standards are upheld wherever food is served (i.e. Kitchen, Café, Preschool, other). Inspect facilities and equipment for regulatory compliance. Inspect supplies, equipment, and work area to ensure conformance to established standards. Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Set-up, breakdown and clean up of events including linens, products and the closing of the facility.
- Requisitions food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation. Ensure incoming food orders are inspected and reconciled against orders. Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Execute and maintain documents such as production schedules (BEOs), inventory tracking, costing menus, recipes, loss/spoilage reports, work schedules, SOPs, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must interact with others with courtesy and tact, emote the “Aloha Spirit”, and with professionalism.
This position will manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner to meet tight deadlines. The work will be in a stressful, fast paced environment and requires changing priorities constantly while meeting deadlines. The position must maintain poise under pressure, respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner, and be resilient in the face of workplace stressors such as customer service complaints, maintaining the security of people and property, competing priorities, etc. This position must maintain a self-motivated and self- directed schedule, able to work with limited supervision, and in a team setting with other professionals. This position must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work, exercise good judgment and be comfortable taking initiative with projects.
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision. Pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds without assistance and more than 25 pounds with assistance.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
The position requires the ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The position requires the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work will be indoors or outdoors at Kroc Center Hawaii including but not limited to the banquet, kitchen, café, and cabana areas. Attendance at trainings and conferences, both in Hawaii and on the mainland, may be required. Extensive travel is possible, including air travel, driving long distances, night driving, overnight travel, and extended travel of three days or more.
All equipment related to the food industry. Additionally, general office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, scanners, printers, fax machines, telephone (office, cell, PDA), and 10-key calculator.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Food Handlers Certificate
Valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
On an annual basis, employees are required to participate in The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety Program.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.html
10 total views, 1 today