Full-Time Liferaft Technician Assistant / Trainee
Position: Liferaft Technician Assistant / Trainee
Liferaft & Marine Safety Equipment. Inc., a division of POP Fishing and Marine, offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid vacations. The position is probationary for the first 6 months, during which the applicant will receive on the job training.
You will be working with and assisting Certified Liferaft Technicians in Serving Liferaft Systems, your support will consist of cleaning the Liferaft Containers to a set standard. Picking up and delivering Liferaft Systems to customers, dropping off and picking up Liferaft CO2 Cylinders from outside vendor after testing, stocking of Marine Safety Equipment, moving Liferaft Systems from the Service Station to vessels at pier side via forklift, assist in general shop clean up. Prepare Hazmat Equipment for shipping, Marine Safety Equipment Sales, all aspects of Liferaft service: Quotes, Servicing Certification Documents, Servicing Invoices, Purchase Orders, Receiving Stock, Liferaft Parts Inventory, Shipping and Receiving, Calibration of Testing Tools, Shop Equipment Serving, Compressor, Fill Pump, Vacuum System. The Applicant / Trainee must be prepared to attend and obtain additional qualifications when required FAA Repairman Certification, Hazmat Certification, Marine and Aviation Certification, TWIC Card. The Applicant / Trainee will be giving Safety Equipment presentations to NOAA Marine Observers, USCG Personnel and Civilian Marine Organizations and Customer Equipment Demo & Reviews. The available positions are for full-time Assistant / Trainee starting at $15.00/hr., Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Individuals applying for this position must be motivated, able to follow direct instructions and maintain attention to details during all tasks. Applicants must also be able to lift and carry 125 lbs., have no problems with bending, kneeling, and cleaning equipment to a set standard. Reading and writing legibly in English is a must.
Applicants will also be trained to drive a fork-lift and requirements. A willingness to learn and being a self-starter is also greatly valued. All above requirements are related to servicing of life saving equipment for aviation and marine use. This is a USCG/FAA Approved Service Station and applicants will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol test before being hired (If you have any doubts about passing this test, do not apply). This is an excellent opportunity to start a new career. I look forward to meeting you.
• Personal protective equipment provided or required.
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
What Do We Need from You?
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED – Required.
• 1 – 2 years of prior technical, mechanical or assembly experience – Preferred.
• Marine industry background, Preferred.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a Monitoring— Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• ISO 9001 experience preferred.
• Knowledge of marine SOLAS/USCG standards preferred.
• Ability to comprehend information and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally or in writing, to ensure the correct information is fully understood by an individual or team.
• Ability to identify potential risks and issues and formulate an effective strategy to mitigate the risk or prevent the issue from occurring.
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems and solve them in a controlled and effective manner.
• Ability to use effective time management to ensure that tasks and projects are completed within agreed time limits.
• Ability to drive a large truck preferred.
• Ability to lift a maximum of 125 lbs. is required.
• Attention to Detail.
• Stress Tolerant.
• Positive Social Orientation.
Send us your resume today:
Liferaft& Marine Safety Equipment, Inc.
Attn.: Bobbie Martin
1133 N. Nimitz Hwy.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
231 total views, 8 today