Full-Time LRAM Heavy Equipment Operator/Work Crew – Schofield Barracks, HI – Open Pool
The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) has open LRAM Heavy Equipment Operator/Work Crew positions located at Schofield Barracks, HI. For full position details and to submit application materials, please visit:
Emailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
This position is located at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. The position will support the Land Rehabilitation and Maintenance (LRAM) component of the Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) program to sustain realistic training land conditions and support the mission requirements for units at the installation. The position will be responsible for the operations of heavy equipment (e.g., dozer, grader, loader, excavator, roller, hydroseeder, dump trucks, and more) and will load and haul equipment. Work will be trail maintenance and repair, soil stabilization, vegetation management, training land repair, reconfiguration and range improvement.
Schofield Barracks was established in 1908 to provide mobile defense of Pearl Harbor and the entire island. Located 20 miles from Honolulu on the plateau or “central valley” of Oahu between the two volcanic mountains that comprise the island, the nearly 18,000-acre installation is home to the U.S. Army Garrison, Hawaii.
- A High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 2 years of professional experience with running and maintaining heavy equipment.
- Experience with land rehabilitation, horizontal construction techniques, and erosion control practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Physically able to work outdoors and perform strenuous labor under all weather conditions (e.g., heat and humidity).
- Able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly and up to 70 pounds occasionally.
- Able to follow directions, work collectively with others as a team, and maintain safe working standards.
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- Extensive knowledge and experience necessary to facilitate:
- Worksite revegetation
- Land clearing
- Site preparations
- Soil stabilization
- Trail maintenance and construction
- More than two years’ experience running and maintaining heavy equipment such as:
- 10 to 25-ton standard dump truck, requires a CDL A license
- Motor grader
- Knowledge and experience with small tree/brush removal and gravel, aggregate and rip rap application. Experienced with chainsaw use.
- Experience working on a military installation
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later April 20, 2021, 11:59 pm (MT) for full consideration at jobs.colostate.edu. Mailed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birth dates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (one-page letter addressing each qualification described in the announcement) uploaded in the ‘Cover Letter’ slot.
3) References – please include within your application contact information for 3 professional references including at least one supervisor.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
The pool is valid through 4/20/2021. Individuals wishing to be considered beyond this date must reapply.
168 total views, 4 today