Full-Time Maintenance Tech I
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician I
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Hourly
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for the upkeep and repair of the facilities buildings, equipment, and systems (pool, HVAC, plumbing, lighting, electrical, and fire and life safety). The Tech I will carry out duties with training support and supervision until able to perform duties alone. The Tech I will conduct preventive and routine maintenance and repairs of buildings, equipment, grounds and will be responsible to complete training and development with as requested.
The Maintenance Technician will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 6 months experience performing facilities maintenance.
- HVAC or public pool experience a plus.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
- Assist and perform as directed routine, preventive maintenance and make repairs on buildings, equipment, and facility systems. Facility systems include buildings (walls, floors, ceilings, fixtures, and furnishings) plumbing, electrical, structural, pool, and mechanical systems as required.
- Assume a schedule of flexible working hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals.
- Responsible for all facilities equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Complete work orders as assigned and update work logs for specific site requirements.
- Assist in identifying projects requiring careful planning or the services of an outside contractor
- Check all lighting to make sure they are working properly. Identify & Report to manager.
- Maintain pool equipment and water quality. Maintain aquatics systems and equipment.
- Update SDS as required.
- Assist in maintaining designated properties in compliance with applicable local, state and company rules, codes and regulations.
- Report mechanical malfunctions to the facilities management staff.
- Prepares site for special events/trainings (sets up and takes down furniture and equipment for a variety of internal and community events); Assist in moving furniture and equipment at both facilities/sites setting security alarms and responding to alarm calls during and after regular work hours, and maintaining clean, safe, and orderly work sites. Performs routine inspection of facilities to check for maintenance issues in all areas to ensure proper working order;
- Troubleshoots and completes minor miscellaneous repairs; replaces light bulbs and ballasts; performs minor electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs as may be required;
- Follows oral and written instructions while communicating with Program Supervisors and Staff.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
- Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings.
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position requires strong administrative and organizational skills, and attention to details. Must prioritize and organize work assignments and take projects from beginning through completion.
The work will be in a fast paced environment and requires changing priorities constantly while meeting deadlines. The position must maintain poise under pressure, respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner, and be resilient in the face of workplace stressors such as customer service complaints, maintaining the security of people and property, competing priorities, etc. This position must maintain a self-motivated and self- directed schedule, able to work with limited supervision, and in a team setting with other professionals. This position must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work, exercise good judgment and be comfortable taking initiative with projects.
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying up to 25 independently and occasionally more than 50 pounds with assistance.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
The position requires the ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The position also requires the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRNOMENT:
The employee is regularly exposed to inside and outside work in all types of weather, i.e., wet and/or humid conditions, heat or cold and moving mechanical equipment. The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used while performing job duties.
Equipment normally used in construction, maintenance and landscaping including, but not limited to, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, chain saw, key machine, small hand tools, and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
The candidate chosen for this position must have a valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
On an annual basis, employees are required to participate in The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety Program.
Environmental Freon handling certification desired.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.html
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
24 total views, 1 today