Full-Time Medical Collector
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Medical Collector will be responsible for the timely follow up and reimbursement of claims filed by the WC Department. The Medical Collector will have oversight of the receivables, and be responsible for maintaining detailed and accurate account documentation. Full time all collections (Work comp, private insurance, tricare)
- Respond to correspondence from insurance carriers or adjusters to facilitate payment.
- Follow-up on unpaid/underpaid claims. Creating appeals ensuring that all appeals processes are followed to obtaining full reimbursement
- Actively follow up and collect claims, including resolution of any billing errors assigned following established procedures
- Perform any other tasks assigned by management
- Ability to work with adjusters, insurance companies and attorneys to resolve claims to maximize reimbursement.
- Ability to research state legal codes & regulations for Worker’s Compensation
- Proven problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette skills
- Strong understanding of WC billing and collections
- Employee Paid Services knowledge a plus
- Ability to file Appeals
- High-energy, self-motivated, and performance-driven
- Strong Organizational skills, attention to details
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry and medical terminology
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Brightree preferred
We are seeking someone ASAP.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
25 total views, 1 today