Full-Time Network and Systems Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated Network and Systems Administrator to join our team. The Network and Systems Administrator installs, configures, maintains and supports the company’s network (LAN and WAN) and servers. Monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise requested network support and client server specialists to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures. This position assists and supports the IT Manager in the firm’s Information Technology and building maintenance.
• Minimum Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience required.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience with networking and system administration support.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Previous experience in conducting training or presentations preferred.
• Previous experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting business class firewalls.
• Previous experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting security protocols.
• Knowledge of Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Deltek preferred.
• Ability to communicate verbally and with diplomacy over the telephone and in person with internal and external customers.
• Solid problem-solving skills in assisting staff with IT issues.
• Ability to multi-task projects with the ability to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently.
• Ability to manage information from multiple sources concurrently.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time while working on the computer and communicating with various customers via telephone.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination is necessary for computers and various pieces of equipment.
• Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, installs, rebuilds, and performs testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems.
• Provides day-to-day telephone, in-person, and online support to end-users.
• Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
•Maintain, perform and test backups and recovery of information systems critical data and system.
•Maintain, perform and test disaster recovery operations.
•Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments.
•Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data,software, and hardware.
•Recommend changes to improve systems, network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
•Primary Deltek expert, to include familiarity with different modules and how they can be optimized/used to support B + K goals/mission.
•Occasionally perform after hours network and systems support.
•Assists the IT Manager in the daily operations of the IT department.
•Assists IT Manager with miscellaneous building maintenance needs and requirements.
•Researches, helps plan, and implement future IT projects.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at: www.bowersandkubota.com
169 total views, 1 today