Full-Time Operations Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Location: Lihue, Kauai
Department: Warehouse Operations
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Review Date: May 2020
Approved By: President/CEO
Approved Date: May 2020
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of donor/agency pick-up and delivery along with management of the department. Is responsible for creating the daily driving schedule based on the availability of the team, keeping morale and engagement high, and setting a positive example for the rest of the team. Supervises, trains, coaches and develops team on policies and procedures.
Is also responsible for the overall supervision and maintenance of the warehouse and outside area. Oversees all warehouse operations, facilitating the safe and efficient movement of food from donors to the warehouse, and ensures equitable and safe distribution of food to agencies and internal programs. Also responsible for inventory procedures, supports operations, and is responsible for maintenance of equipment and facilities. This position will be the lead for the AGI Warehouse Management System in addition to training the warehouse staff on the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Supervises Drivers and Warehouse employees – Provides customer service and product knowledge training to Team members. Holds department meetings to update team members on policies and procedures. Prepares schedules for department and participates in annual evaluations.
• Manage storage, rotation and shipping of product in an efficient, organized and safe fashion.
• Directs the activities involved in the efficient movement of product including receipt, storage and distribution maximizing space, resources and avoiding waste or damages.
• Establishes effective procedures and controls for the safe and efficient movement and preservation of product; monitors adherence to established procedures to ensure safety and sanitation measures are followed.
• Maintains thorough and up to date knowledge of facility and food distribution management in order to implement innovative ways to improve and maximize efficiency.
• Hires, trains, delegates, motivate and retain a competent warehouse and operations staff committed to the mission and values of the Hawaii Foodbank, Inc.
• Ensures all staff is well trained and follows safety, basic food handling, salvage evaluation/sorting and Hawaii Foodbank procedures as appropriate.
• Implement and document ongoing warehouse facility safety and sanitation procedures, conducting regular warehouse inspections to ensure warehouse health/sanitation and safety standards are met in accordance with AIB, and local and state regulatory agencies.
• Schedule and supervise regular warehouse temperature and pest control checks, regular warehouse cleaning, and equipment maintenance. Keep maintenance records and logs.
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of warehouse staff, and volunteers.
• Maintain proper information for hazardous material handled in the warehouse.
• Manages the maintenance of the building, and warehouse training.
• Assists in receiving stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
• Manages cleanliness of the warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
• Supervises the loading and unloading delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
• Maintains records (e.g. delivery log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable resource information.
• Conducts physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
• Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
• Works as a team member in coordinating and distributing weekly orders
• Ensures rotation of product and appropriate product mix
• Maintains current and accurate receipting of all goods received and transferred
• Ensures proper storage, stacking, and temperature control for all food products
• Assists in the coordination of ordering, purchasing, storing, and distribution of food to agencies and internal programs
• Ensures safe food handling practices are observed throughout warehouse.
• Assists in the preparation and submission of required inventory, usage and distribution reports
• Works with staff to increase amount and quality of food available for distribution
• Supports efforts to expand commitment to enhance nutritional value of food
• Assesses operational resources and procedures for maximum effectiveness
• Coordinates warehouse operation for food drives and special events
• Oversees key control logs and security surveillance for the facility
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory and industry standards for food safety
• Conduct self in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Treat external and internal customers and associates with courtesy and respect.
• Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner, following all safety rules. Inform manager of any potentially hazardous conditions.
• Live and uphold company mission and values.
• Comply with all federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• With team, present recommendations and assist in implementing quality initiatives.
• Provide support on any other duties as assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working evenings, holidays, special events and project work and weekend hours as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Degree and/or some college; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Forklift certifications
• Have Hawaii Driver’s License
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOL, VEHICLES USED:
• Ability to use a computer workstation including keyboard, mouse, printer, fax, and multi-line phone systems to execute tasks.
• Be able to use Microsoft Office Outlook, Netsuite, AGI/WMS
• Operate forklift and pallet jacks
• Move company vehicles
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must be frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Field work requiring driving for off-site vendors and programs
• Require the use of computer equipment, calculator, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone.
• The noise level is moderate to loud at times.
44 total views, 1 today