Full-Time Phone Reservationist/Office Assistant/Beach Duty
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Come work for our surf school and be a part of the family at Ohana Surf Project!
The Phone Reservationist/Office Assistant will report to the General Manager and to the CFO.
A client’s first impression of our company is often based on the first interaction they have with our staff which is typically via phone conversation for a reservation or via an email inquiry. Therefore, we are looking for an upbeat, congenial, professional individual to serve as our first impression. The Phone Reservationist will be handling incoming phone calls and email communications, creating and maintaining reservations, updating the company databases and performing as needed general office clerk duties and errands.
To be successful as a Phone Reservationist, candidates should be professional, polite, and accurate. Past Sales or Customer Service experience is expected as dealing with customer complexities and “selling” clients on the right lesson is a part of the role. The Phone Reservationist must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in a full time, long-term position and who want to grow within our company.
Training starting in mid to late March
Full time, permanent position – Monday through Friday 12pm to 6pm (will eventually be 12pm to 7pm); will initially perform duties at our beach location in Waikiki and may eventually relocate to an office location.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Handle incoming calls and texts.
• Create reservations in reservation system from various sources (calls, emails, online affiliates).
• Maintain company emails.
• Handle pre and post lesson communication such as waivers and photos.
- Update and maintain all online reservation system platforms.
• Create, maintain, and enter information into customer database.
• Update monthly managerial reports and training materials.
- Maintain surfing supplies and office equipment as needed.
• Catalog merchandise inventory quarterly.
• Run errands as necessary.
- Other general office duties as needed.
- At our surf location: assist with board rentals and customer inquiries, help customers to check in and prepare for their lesson, help with post-surfing duties such as photos, scheduling.
- Warm, upbeat personality with excellent communication skills.
- Past sales or customer service experience.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel a plus.
82 total views, 1 today