Temporary Program Aide
POSITION TITLE: Program Aide
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Kroc Center Hawaii
SUPERVISOR: Creative Arts & Education Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time, On Call, Hourly
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Aide will assist the Instructor with duties related to creative arts & education instruction, including but not limited to set up, breakdown, and teaching as needed, both at the Kroc Center and offsite for outreach initiatives. He or she will display excellent listening and communication skills, supervising both children and adults, serving as a positive role model in their areas of influence.
The Program Aide will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Experience/Interest in working with children ages 4 and up.
- Must have a genuine holistic concern for children including their spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical well-being.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted choir
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 18 years of age with High School Diploma or GED.
- Have successful experience in assisting program leadership as well as working with parents and volunteers.
- Previous experience participating in or leading a fine arts program, including but not limited to music, art or dance, or education.
- Prior experience supervising children in an educational or recreational setting.
- Lead arrangement and break down of instruction spaces, setting each instructor up for a successful session of teaching.
- Assist instructor with class supervision.
- Provide assistance to students as needed with regards to creative arts & education instruction.
- Greet, introduce, and welcome participants. Acquaint new participants with class procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants and their guardians, upholding the vision of the Kroc Center Hawaii.
- Handle disputes with participants, parents and staff in a professional, responsible and calm manner.
- Assist with coordination and execution of special events and off-site outreach initiatives.
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
- Assume a schedule of flexible working hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Assist with administrative duties as needed.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Program Aide may be required to perform duties away from the Kroc Center Hawaii campus. (i.e. assistance at performances, rehearsals, etc.)
This position requires the ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. Must be able to work with people of a diverse background and circumstances. The work will be in a fast-paced environment, work under stressful conditions and must maintain poise under pressure. The position must manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner to meet tight deadlines. Must respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner and must be able to work with limited supervision, and work in a team setting with other professionals.
The position requires sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, walking, use of vision, pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds with assistance.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
Equipment used includes general office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, scanners, printers, fax machines, telephone (office and cell), video projectors, sound-systems, microphones, audio-visual and lighting equipment, 10-key calculator.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.htmlEqual Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
26 total views, 1 today