Full-Time Program Manager, Work-Based Learning
The Chamber of Commerce Hawaii seeks an individual to lead our Work-Based Learning (WBL) program. The Program Manager is tasked with creating sustainable work-based learning opportunities in support of career exploration and workforce development for Hawaii Department of Education high school students at select schools. Serving as WBL Intermediary, this position is the bridge between career academy administrators and staff and the business community, the Chamber’s WBL Program Manager sets strategy and facilitates remote and in-person WBL activities that support HIDOE Career and Technical Education curriculum and learning outcomes. The Program Manager works in close partnership with the state CTE office, HIDOE, Hawaii P-20, private foundations, public sector partners, the Chamber’s Education & Workforce Development team and other key stakeholders and partners.
This position oversees and manages new and current work-based learning partnerships between business and career academy high schools that support student WBL Awareness, Exploration, Preparation and Training and encourages education attainment beyond high school. Activities include but are not limited to the coordination of internships, apprenticeships, virtual career fairs, job site visits, project-based learning activities and guest speakers. Responsibilities consist of the planning, coordination, and execution of partnership development which may include events, meetings, and programs focused on engagement between businesses and partner high schools. This position may also work with other Chamber departments, as required, to promote this initiative.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
Essential/Primary Job Duties:
- Develop WBL strategic plan that provides for a continuum of meaningful real-world work experience that hones students’ technical and professional skills in identified industries.
- Partner with key public and private sector CTE and WBL leaders in the state for alignment and shared learning.
- Manage and maintain relationships with high school administrators, staff and faculty.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with businesses that create both remote and in-person work-based learning opportunities for high school students.
- Create periodic reports to satisfy grant requirements.
- Provide support on workforce development initiatives to the Education & Workforce Development team and Vice President, Education & Workforce Development, as needed.
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants for WBL events and programs.
- Propose new ideas to improve the initiative planning and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced strategic planner.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, professional and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent telephone skills with a thorough knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Ability to collect and manage data in a secure manner.
- Flexible and possess the ability to quickly and smoothly handle unanticipated changes and needs.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Flexible work schedule, with some early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- May be required to stand for extended periods.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Benefits: Health, Disability, Term Life and Long-Term Care Insurance; 401(k); Paid Vacation and Sick Leave; Reimbursements for Qualified Expenses and Mileage; Parking
111 total views, 2 today