Full-Time Program Specialist (Hawaii)
Founded in 1921, Graduate School USA (GSUSA) is an independent, not-for-profit educational institution based in Washington, DC, offering workforce training and services across the U.S. and around the world. The organization is a leading provider of professional development and training courses for the federal government and private sector, serving organizations and individuals with programs designed to support organizational missions, career and occupational development, and the personal ambitions of adult learners. GSUSA’s courses and programs are delivered by instructors with real-world government experience, including customized training solutions, distance education, and leadership training.
Graduate School USA is seeking a Program Specialist to support the Pacific and Virgin Islands Training Institute. Under supervision, the Program Specialist provides expertise and assistance in programming relating to the delivery of customized on-site training and consultation, regional conferences, and overall program administration. Performs related duties as assigned.
Under general supervision, the Program Specialist provides expertise and assistance in programming relating to the delivery of customized on-site training and consultation, regional conferences, and overall program administration. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Training and Consultative Program Design. Supports program managers to develop training and consultative activities under the Pacific and Virgin Islands Training Initiatives (PITI-VITI); assists with program identification and provides logistical and design support to instructional staff members and contractors; participates in program development, contributing especially to methods and approaches for instructional success; coordinates pre-course delivery activities including managing inputs into the Graduate School USA’s (GSUSA’s) Student Information System (SIS).
- Training and Consultative Program Delivery. Supports program managers, instructional staff members and contractors with the development and delivery of curricular resources from inception to final (international) delivery, including serving as key liaison for instructors, carriers, cargo shippers, and on-site government agencies; provides logistical travel arrangements for GSUSA staff, instructors, consultants and participants; inputs relevant instructor and student information into the GSUSA SIS; creates instructor course delivery packets and instructor travel packets to facilitate travel.
- Training and Consultative Program Close-Out. Supports post-delivery course close-out activities, including final processing of course materials, evaluations, and student certificates; actively maintains internal reporting documents capturing course metadata; coordinates final documentation requirements with instructional staff members and contractors; inputs relevant close-out information (roster, registration forms, evaluations) into the GSUSA SIS; assists with evaluation of the effectiveness of training and consultative activities.
- Conference and Meeting Support. Supports program managers to design, develop and deliver regional conferences and meetings; coordinates instructor inputs, including the development and delivery of conference and meeting resources from inception to final (international) delivery; provides logistical travel arrangements for GSUSA staff, instructors, and participants; assists with the documentation of conference and meeting activities and the compilation and distribution of conference/meeting proceedings. Provides onsite assistance and coordination of both internal and external meetings including video conferencing calls setup, configuration, and optimization of each session. Provides technical support for web/audio collaboration tools such as Zoom, MS Teams etc.
- Program Administration. Oversees the design, establishment, organization, and maintenance of the office administrative management systems; develops approaches and devises plans regarding options for administrative improvement; provides program administrative support and customer service activities; supports the development and compilation of PITI-VITI program reporting; coordinates management of program and conference-specific websites, social media, and outreach efforts; directs/assists with incoming/outgoing calls, greets visitors, receives and sends mail and parcels (USPS, FedEx, International shipments), maintains inventory of office/course supplies, serve as primary point of contact for machine maintenance (postage, Xerox, printers, monthly maintenance of computers).
- Interpersonal Relations/Communications. Maintains cooperative working relationships with insular government representatives, training participants, conference participants, staff, and other GSUSA personnel; serves as a resource/liaison to insular government agencies and regional organizations; maintains effective and timely written and oral communications with key insular government personnel, program participants, and regional organizations.
- Interacts closely with students, faculty, insular government agencies, meeting participants, and other school employees; works with vendors and logistical contacts such as hotels, travel agencies, etc.
- Works with a moderate degree of independence; confers with supervisor on complex issues.
- Job may require regular non-local travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels with tact and diplomacy, especially when working in multicultural, international environments. Must be able to provide excellent customer service and be able to solve problems to ensure a seamless customer experience. Must have good written communications skills and be able to generate effective business correspondence.
- Demonstrated skill in using personal computers and a wide variety of software packages for word-processing, spreadsheets, spreadsheets, database processing, presentations, web and publication design, and calendaring (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite, Corporate Time, etc.); comfort and familiarity managing online outreach efforts (websites, social media, etc.); knowledge of e-mail systems as a primary form of communication; accomplished skill at navigating the Internet for information retrieval; exposure to a learning management system (LMS) and Student Information System (SIS) is preferred. Working knowledge with Zoom or MS Teams.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task within demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work closely with faculty members and administration.
- Proficient in ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality; demonstrates ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze, research and synthesizes large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative support role with a college, university or other educational/training organization is required.
- Experience working internationally, in multicultural environments, and in the Pacific region are preferred.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (please include cover letter in Resume Text section of the online application). For consideration, apply online by clicking on the following link:
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
6 total views, 1 today