Full-Time Project Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is full service construction and project management firm
with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured
and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is
seeking a motivated Project Engineer to join our team. The Project Engineer applies
sound and diversified knowledge of engineering and practices in broad areas of
assignments and related fields. They make decisions independently on engineering
problems and methods. They work closely with Clients, Contractors, and 3rd parties that
are involved with projects.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction
• 3 to 5 years of experience in engineering and/or construction preferred.
• General construction knowledge preferred.
• FE and/or CMIT preferred.
• Ability to provide quality customer service and support.
• Good work ethic, self-directed worker.
• Good communication skills, verbal, and written.
• Strong aptitude in mathematics, physical science, and engineering
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe
Acrobat, Primavera P6, and AutoCAD
• Experience using scales and concrete/soil testing equipment helpful.
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic work environment
• Good time management skills, ability to balance demand amongst different
• Should be a creative, persuasive, critical thinker, and must be aware of ethical
issues of an engineer.
• Able to read and understand project contracts, specifications, and drawings.
• Able to travel to different work sites
• Ability to work outside with increase noise levels.
• Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and
sometimes hazardous conditions.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination is necessary for various pieces of equipment
• Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clientsESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide support to Clients in all required facets.
• Be the liaison between the Client and Contractor.
• Ensure that projects are on schedule and within appropriate budget.
• Coordinate projects with Clients, Contractors, and 3rd parties involved with the
projects (e.g., Fire Department, BOW, HECO, and DOT)
• Coordinate project and schedule updates and workforce scheduling.
• Review and process design requirements- RFI’s, submittals, project changes.
• Coordinate Field Inspectors and ensure all pertinent information is passed on
• Proficient in reading and comprehending plans and specs, be able to make
connections between field plans/specs.
• Perform work site visits and maintain logs.
• Research and respond to RFIs as needed.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
63 total views, 1 today