Full-Time Project Inspector – Kauai
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated Project Inspector to join our team. The Project Inspector performs construction observation and testing of various construction activities. This position deals with inspecting and monitoring projects and developments to make sure they are following specific standards. It may require extensive experience with technical training or an equivalent certification. Certification (i.e., ICC, ACI, etc.) is preferred.
- Minimum High School diploma. Bachelor’s degree would be beneficial.
- Minimum 5 years of civil inspection experience.
- Knowledge of safety standards and construction activities methods.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and inspection instructions.
- Knowledgeable in use of computers, Microsoft Suites, iPads, and digital cameras.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Good problem solving/analysis skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work outside with increased noise levels.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and conditions that are associated with construction and development projects.
- Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform construction inspection of structures and utilities.
- Assist in the review of contractor progress payments.
- Provide field support services for submittals, RFIs, and requests for contract change orders.
- Provide notification of any observed non-conformance to the Resident Engineer and assist in issuing non-conformance reports.
- Document and develop reports of on-site observations, as-built conditions, non-conformances, and inspections of daily construction activities with photographic records and entry into computer systems and SharePoint.
- Survey and document change order work in the field.
- Document labor, equipment, and material expenditures on force account work.
- Monitor the contractor’s quality control activities, including contractor’s materials sampling and testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please apply direct online at: www.bowersandkubota.com
90 total views, 2 today