NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Serve as the public’s first organizational point of contact both in person and by phone. Handles all communication into the office, takes messages and assures that they are delivered in a timely manner. Provides administrative support for the Administrative Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and refers clients, public, agency personnel to appropriate staff.
- Receives and routes telephone calls to the proper person, using diplomacy, tact, discretion and professional courtesy. Must not leave callers on “hold” and unattended for longer than 20 seconds.
- Checks mailbox every morning; receives, sorts, and promptly distributes mail; prepares outgoing mail for disbursement.
- Greets and gives routine information concerning programs and services offered by Ke Ola Mamo; uses appropriate judgment as to information to be released.
- Prepares requisitions for office and business-related supplies.
- Prepares tables, graphs or reports provided by staff, as requested.
- Prepares envelopes and sends out brochures, event notices and other literature as requested.
- Keeps mailing list up to date.
- Provides clerical support to management team in daily operation of program services and activities; includes typing and word processing for memos, correspondence, letters, reports, filing corporate materials and documents; may entail formulating simple correspondence as directed.
- As directed and in accordance with standard procedures, manages and organizes office-filing system including archival records that will be easily accessible to staff members.
- Copies material for management team.
- Updates, labels and maintains equipment inventory for KOM.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens and closes office.
- Serves as key operator for administration machines & equipment.
- When requested, assists in preparing Board of Directors’ packets.
- Straightens reception area and lunchroom; makes coffee daily; checks kitchen for neatness and reports any problems to supervisor.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
Normally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required; dependent on position duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Native Hawaiian cultural values and practices in the delivery of health care services.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer with Ke Ola Mamo database and Microsoft Word, photocopier, fax machine, printer, telephone, typewriter.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, detail oriented and time management skills.
- Ability to create a good personal image and a favorable company image through a businesslike appearance and a positive, cheerful attitude.
- Ability to respect the need for confidentiality and the ethical requirements of work.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with various levels of Clinical and Administrative managers, coworkers and staff within KOM and with community leaders and provider/agency representatives.
- Ability to maintain composure under time restraints.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate high integrity.
- Have a valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for work with proof of adequate automobile insurance coverage. May use company vehicle for business of the organization.
- Driver’s abstract without any moving violations.
- Valid tuberculosis clearance within one (1) year.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma.
- Prefer one (1) year experience in a clerical position.
- Prefer specific knowledge and ability to utilize computer with Ke Ola Mamo client database and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
307 total views, 1 today