Serve as the public’s first organizational point of contact both in person and by phone. Handles all communication into the office, takes messages and assures that they are delivered in a timely manner. Provides administrative support for the Administrative Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and refers clients, public, agency personnel to appropriate staff.
- Receives and routes telephone calls to the proper person, using diplomacy, tact, discretion and professional courtesy. Must not leave callers on “hold” and unattended for longer than 20 seconds.
- Checks mailbox every morning; receives, sorts, and promptly distributes mail; prepares outgoing mail for disbursement.
- Greets and gives routine information concerning programs and services offered by Ke Ola Mamo; uses appropriate judgment as to information to be released.
- Prepares requisitions for office and business-related supplies.
- Prepares tables, graphs or reports provided by staff, as requested.
- Prepares envelopes and sends out brochures, event notices and other literature as requested.
- Keeps mailing list up to date.
- Provides clerical support to management team in daily operation of program services and activities; includes typing and word processing for memos, correspondence, letters, reports, filing corporate materials and documents; may entail formulating simple correspondence as directed.
- As directed and in accordance with standard procedures, manages and organizes office-filing system including archival records that will be easily accessible to staff members.
- Copies material for management team.
- Updates, labels and maintains equipment inventory for KOM.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens and closes office.
- Serves as key operator for administration machines & equipment.
- When requested, assists in preparing Board of Directors’ packets.
- Straightens reception area and lunchroom; makes coffee daily; checks kitchen for neatness and reports any problems to supervisor.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
Normally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required; dependent on position duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Native Hawaiian cultural values and practices in the delivery of health care services.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer with Ke Ola Mamo database and Microsoft Word, photocopier, fax machine, printer, telephone, typewriter.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, detail oriented and time management skills.
- Ability to create a good personal image and a favorable company image through a businesslike appearance and a positive, cheerful attitude.
- Ability to respect the need for confidentiality and the ethical requirements of work.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with various levels of Clinical and Administrative managers, coworkers and staff within KOM and with community leaders and provider/agency representatives.
- Ability to maintain composure under time restraints.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate high integrity.
- Have a valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for work with proof of adequate automobile insurance coverage. May use company vehicle for business of the organization.
- Driver’s abstract without any moving violations.
- Valid tuberculosis clearance within one (1) year.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma.
- Prefer one (1) year experience in a clerical position.
- Prefer specific knowledge and ability to utilize computer with Ke Ola Mamo client database and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
39 total views, 1 today