Full-Time Registered Dietitian
A primary purpose of the Registered Dietitian is to provide health care, outreach and case management services to Native Hawaiian individuals and families, to improve a client/patient’s quality of life. Registered Dietitian carries out functions within culturally, appropriate service delivery programs in the community that include identifying barriers to health care, identification of client health care service requirements, client referral to appropriate services, client follow-up and evaluation, and assisting with health education/promotion activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates, develops nutritional plans and counsels individuals and groups on nutritional practices to prevent disease and promote good health.
- Performs nutrition screenings and consult on diet-related concerns such as, weight loss or cholesterol reduction.
- Responsible for case management of clients relating to their nutritional needs, providing education on menu development, budgeting and planning.
- Performs nutritional activities and coordinates with community outreach and fitness trainers on nutrition programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or Dietetics program, approved by the ADA’s Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE).
- Current Registered Dietitian credentials/licensure by the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- Current State of Hawaii Dietitian licensure.
- Must have minimum of 6 months experience in similar position. Prefer previous experience in a patient care position.
- Access to vehicle and adequate no-fault auto insurance coverage, with a valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract.
- Valid tuberculosis clearance within 1 year.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Computer literate.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
46 total views, 2 today