Full-Time Registered Nurse – Labor and Delivery
Tripler Army Medical Center is the headquarters of the Regional Health Command-Pacific (RHC-P) of the armed forces administered by the United States Army in the state of Hawaii. It is the largest military hospital in the Asian and Pacific Rim region and serves a military sphere of jurisdiction.
***THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD***
Will perform a variety of duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Performs and record skilled physical assessments of normal and complicated gravid women and newborn infants to include vital and neurological signs with fetal heart tones, vaginal and speculum exams with determination of dilation, effacement, station, presentation and rupture of amniotic membranes, and symptoms/history associated with alterations in the pregnancy/delivery process
- Apply operate, and accurately interpret external fetal monitors for purposes of fetal assessment during non-stress tests, contraction stress and labor; and with unit verification applies fetal scalp probes.
- Operate complex monitoring and resuscitation equipment including bag/valve/mask ventilation, cardiac monitors, infusion pumps, pulse oximeter, radiant warmers, and nasopharyngeal gastric suction devices.
- Perform emergency vaginal precipitous deliveries, titrate Magnesium Sulfate, Tocolytic, and Pitocin infusions in response to labor patters and fetal well-being, function as circulating nurse during operative deliveries.
- Assist the physician with placement of intrauterine pressure catheters, fetal scalp sampling, amino infusions, regional anesthesia, caesarean and vaginal deliveries, include infant resuscitation, forceps and vacuum extraction
- Perform peripheral phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, cord blood sampling, electrocardiograms and urinary catheterization.
- Provide post anesthesia recover and postoperative care for patients under regional and general anesthesia to include post-op cerclage, and for patient’s post-delivery
- May be required to work on the Mother/Baby and Obstetrics/Gynecology wards/clinics.
- Care for patients undergoing specific testing and routine labor monitoring such as Oxytocin Challenge Test, Non-Stress Test and amniocentesis.
- Degree in Nursing or related field
- Graduate of nursing program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing or National League of Nursing
- Current, unrestricted license with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse action, in any state in the United States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must possess current BLS and ACLS and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
- Minimum 3 years as a registered nurse with at least 1 year caring for labor and delivery patients as a registered nurse. One year of experience must have occurred within the last three years.
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and effectively communicate through both writing and speech.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office Products
Follow this link to apply: https://btltech.mua.hrdepartment.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=597
1364 total views, 3 today