Full-Time Registered Nurse – Neonatal Intensive Care
Tripler Army Medical Center is the headquarters of the Regional Health Command-Pacific (RHC-P) of the armed forces administered by the United States Army in the state of Hawaii. It is the largest military hospital in the Asian and Pacific Rim region and serves a military sphere of jurisdiction.
***THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD***
Will perform a variety of duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Performs and record comprehensive physical assessments of critically ill term and premature infants to include monitoring of vital signs, cardiovascular, respiratory, and neurological status, intake and output, potential complications associated with birth and/or prematurity, family interactions and bonding behaviors.
- Recognize significant changes in the neonates’ status, which are indicative of complications and/or the need for emergency treatment; taking nursing action, and/or reports changes to physician as appropriate.
- Operates complex monitoring equipment to include pulse oximetry, infant care systems, cardiovascular monitoring, phototherapy, bedside glucose monitoring, chest tube/replogle/oral/nasal/gastric suctioning devices, oxygen therapy equipment to include ventilators, high-flow nasal cannula, nasal cpap, high frequency ossicilators, and nitric oxide delivery
- Administers ophthalmic and intramuscular medications, IV medications via peripheral and central indwelling catheters to include PICC lines utilizing syringe pumps
- Obtain blood samples from heel sticks, peripheral and central arterial and venous sampling.
- Participate as part of the health care team in preparing families to care for their infants at home through individualized education regarding diagnosis as well as basic infant care and safety and breastfeeding
- May be required to work on Pediatric Wards/Clinics or the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Degree in Nursing or related field
- Graduate of nursing program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Current, unrestricted license with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse action, in any state in the United States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must possess BLS and ACLS. Must possess current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
- Minimum 3 years as a registered nurse with at least 1 year caring for neonates in a Level III NICU as a registered nurse. One year of experience must have occurred within the last three years.
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and effectively communicate through both writing and speech.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office Products
Follow this link to apply:
Visit us at www.btltech.com
995 total views, 4 today