Full-Time Registered Nurse – Pediatric ICU
Tripler Army Medical Center is the headquarters of the Regional Health Command-Pacific (RHC-P) of the armed forces administered by the United States Army in the state of Hawaii. It is the largest military hospital in the Asian and Pacific Rim region and serves a military sphere of jurisdiction.
***THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD***
Will perform a variety of duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Performs various pulmonary ventilation treatments such as administration of oxygen through various invasive and noninvasive means.
- Assist physician with complex and potentially life-threatening procedures such as cardioversion, insertion of central lines and intubation.
- Operate and monitor highly complex technical equipment such as hemodynamic monitoring devices, ventilators, and illness prevention.
- Provide patient and family teaching and counseling to possible reactions to medication, health maintenance and illness prevention.
- Manage nursing care of the patient on multiple medications and technical equipment, complete thorough assessments and determine abnormalities, make decisions and take corrective action immediately.
- Obtains patient history
- Documents plan of care and care given in patient’s medical record
- Administers medication by any ordered route
- Assess and document patient’s response to medications administered
- Use electronic thermometers, infusion and Patient Controlled Analgesia pumps and various other pieces of medical equipment
- Initiates life saving measures in absence of a physician
- Degree in Nursing or related field
- Graduate of nursing program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing or National League of Nurses
- Current, unrestricted license with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse action, in any state in the United States, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must possess BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- Must be able to perform advanced cardiopulmonary resuscitation, mixing and administering special, potent and potentially lethal drugs (i.e. Atropine, dopamine, dobutamine) based on weight.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a registered nurse with at least 1 year of PICU experience as a registered nurse. One year of experience must have occurred within the last three years.
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and effectively communicate through both writing and speech.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office Products
Follow this link to apply: https://btltech.mua.hrdepartment.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=593
1140 total views, 4 today