Full-Time Senior Accountant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Na Ali’i is looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for working with the Controller and Accounting Manager to help maintain a sound accounting system, to include reporting, preparation of complex accounting reconciliations, and reviews of the monthly financial statements.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist in performing and maintaining all general accounting functions, which includes Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with evaluating and identifying internal control weaknesses, and establish and implement internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Exercise compliance with external auditors for audited financial statements and income tax returns.
- Assist in maintaining financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Work with Program and Project Management to ensure accurate invoices are submitted in a timely fashion and accruals are recorded accurately when necessary.
- Work with management to ensure timely disbursements of Account Payable as dictated by the terms and conditions of each agreement.
- Oversee periodic timecard processing and labor/leave postings.
- Maintain user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Word, Excel, Outlook, and on-line search engines required.
- Previous experience reviewing and compiling financial statements. Familiarity with government contracting and related HR requirements.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Cost Accounting Standards. Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint is preferred.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of two years of professional experience in an Accounting & Finance background. Experience in or work for the U.S. military is also highly desirable.
Na Ali`i Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
304 total views, 1 today