Full-Time Software Tester
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Software Tester is a team member who is starting or in the early stages of their career in software quality assurance. You should have the necessary skills to test, record defects, and track issues related to a software development project. This position will require you to analyze software requirements and user stories and use them to create test cases. You will need to be thorough and accurate in your documentation and be able to follow deadlines and schedules to support development.
Job Duties Include:
- Work closely with Na Ali’i teammates and clients to translate user requirements into a system requirement specification.
- Translate acceptance criteria into test cases and combine test cases into test plans.
- Coordinate execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in test logs or defect tracking systems.
- Design test scenarios for epics, create test cases and scripts, and create documentation for all applicable client, agency, or industry standards within timelines and budgets.
- Support for project teams and interface with clients. These activities include the definition of user stories; acceptance criteria; test cases; expected results; actual results; documenting tests’ pass/fail criteria; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- Work with customers to understand their business processes and requirements.
- Documenting issues that arise during testing.
- Conducting unit and integration testing to ensure quality implementation.
- Track and communicate project testing status to key stakeholders throughout the development process.
- Use best practices to test and deploy changes from staging environments to production.
- Collaborate and team with an integrated team of application and database developers.
Project delivery will periodically require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent technical, organizational, and planning skills; excellent communication and problem-solving skills; problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy; solid judgment and decision-making ability; initiative and adaptability; focus on customer service. The candidate should have experience working with the following technologies:
- A thorough knowledge of the Iterative development methodology including Agile Scrum methods.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant business experience. The successful candidate will have between 2 and 4 years of professional experience. Experience in or work for the U.S. military or Department of Defense is also highly desirable.
Na Ali`i Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
304 total views, 1 today