Full-Time Substance Abuse Counselor – Kailua
Substance Abuse Counselor for Adults; Full-Time
Location: Women’s Correctional, Kailua
Hina Mauka brings hope, compassion and care through prevention, treatment and recovery oriented services to individuals, families and communities adversely affected by alcohol, or substance use disorders, co-occurring mental health issues and recovery challenges. Hina Mauka is one of the largest accredited substance abuse programs in Hawaii.
Hina Mauka seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor to provide adult substance abuse treatment in our Therapeutic Community at the Women’s Correctional Center in Kailua.
- Deliver care including treatment planning, group and individual counseling
- Case management for immediate needs
- Communication with collaterals including parole board and case managers
- Engage family in discharge planning through family sessions when indicated
- Crisis counseling and discharge planning
- Timely and sufficient documentation including treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and reports to collaterals.
- Must pass a background check and be able to work with adults
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks
- Ability to work with a various populations, flexible, and positive
- Experience with adults, mental health, and/or substance abuse
- Experience and/or comfort in facilitating groups
- Computer skills such as familiarity with MS office programs and internet required.
- CSAC or Master’s Degree preferred. BA in related field with experience may also apply.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
14 total views, 1 today