Full-Time Telecom Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Na Ali’i is looking for a Telcom Engineer to be responsible for the engineering of telecommunication tasks related to the planning, design, deployment and activation of inside and outside cable plant facilities, associated networking devices, hardware/software products and all other related equipment and services.
- Perform site visits, as necessary, to determine required material, manpower and timeframes in order to adequately estimate and quote the necessary material, level of effort and all other associated requirements
- Able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing the exact details required to successfully complete each specific project
- Plan and develop project documents as required, detailing the required work effort needed to be performed on each project
- Identify and assign the appropriate personnel involved in each construction phase of the project, ie. Inside and outside plant installation, maintenance and repair, ongoing sustainment.
- Must be competent in all phases of the design and engineering of all inside and outside plant technology
- Understand the relevant cost analytical knowledge as it relates to telecommunication cable projects
- Knowledgeable in all types of construction materials including fireproof materials, equipment and appropriate guidelines for safety applications
- Experienced in design, deployment and operations of Voice Over IP (VOIP) technology
- Familiar with the project management in a Federal Government/Department of Defense environment, including, but not limited to; purchasing/procurement, source selection,
- Familiar with standard Federal statutes and regulations and contract management.
- Have successfully managed complex projects involving simultaneous and multiple deployments
- Develop all requested call orders which include cost, work plans, engineering design and quality control plans.
Organizational and planning skills, exceptional oral and written communication, and problem analysis/solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented, self-motivated and self-monitoring, and capable of multi-tasking.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass (successful pass of background check).
Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position requires a minimum of an active Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience in designing telecommunications solutions. Preferred Certification: BICSI RCDD Certifications.
Travel: Work will be performed at various military base/post/camp/stations within the State of Hawaii (outer islands included). Occasional travel to COUNS locations may be required during the course of this contract.
To apply, please submit application on-line at www.na-alii.com/careers
Na Ali`i Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
145 total views, 1 today