Full-Time Accounting Clerk, Kapolei
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from administration assistants, verifying and balancing receipts of cash, checks, or other forms of payment.
- Answer telephones in a prompt and courteous manner, direct calls and take messages appropriately.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other documents.
- Transmit documents, including bills, contracts, policies, invoices, check, etc., by various means, (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc.)
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, and personal computers.
- File invoices, journals, and posting batches, accurately and promptly.
- Open, date stamp, sort and route all incoming mail promptly.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services, as needed.
- Monitor customer accounts for payment issues or discrepancies and notify supervisor of any problems.
- Reconcile vendor statements for accuracy and request missing invoice to route to managers for processing.
- Train other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
- Solid knowledge of general ledger and processing of accounting tasks (A/R & A/P)
- Reading comprehension
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft excel and word
- Not afraid to ask questions when unsure of task
- Problem solving and common sense
This is the entry level position for the department but if you can prove yourself and your abilities to handle the job, growth potential is virtually assured. However, you must be up to the challenge and want to be a part of the team.
Unitek Solvent Services is an ESOP owned company.
17 total views, 1 today