Full-Time Operating Room Registered Nurse OR RN
We are hiring a qualified civilian Operating Room Registered Nurse (OR RN) to provide services for our troops and their families in breathtaking Honolulu, HI at Tripler Army Medical Center.
- Day schedule
- Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
• Malpractice provided with tail coverage
The Operating Room RN (OR RN) must have the following qualifications:
• Graduate of a nursing program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing or the National League for Nursing
• Experience: minimum of two years’ experience, within the last three years, of operating room
nursing experience and must demonstrate age-specific competency in the care of pediatric and adult patients with
medical and/or surgical problems
• Current, unencumbered RN license from any state or territory of the United States
• Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association and ACLS
• Duties Include:
• Operates/monitors/manages patient care requiring highly complex technical equipment and interventions
• Responsible for direct patient care and coordinates with interdisciplinary personnel for additional patient care activities.
• Use and instruct others in the use of simple and specialized equipment appropriate to the clinical area.
• Use appropriate interview and observations skills to obtain pertinent patient information.
• Communicate patient’s progress to patients, families, and members of the health care team.
• Teach and inform patients and families about disease processes, pre and post-operative care, diagnostic procedures, equipment in use, health maintenance, illness prevention, and actual and potential adverse reactions to medications.
• Be able to recognize and respond appropriately to any changes in a patient’s condition.. Administer simple and complex medications via oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal, topical,rectal, respiratory and intravenous routes, and make interdisciplinary referrals.
• Perform treatments as ordered using aseptic technique and assist with procedures when necessary.
• Maintain clinical competency and increase knowledge by attending in-services and continuing education programs and obtain laboratory specimens as needed to include venipuncture.
• Operate emergency resuscitative equipment.
• Assess pre, inter and post-operative progress of the patient, identify deviations from the expected outcomes, and respond with appropriate action.
• Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by the HRP Standard Operating Procedures, Federal Law or Army Regulation. All written reports/documentation shall be legible and shall be considered property of the government.
• Take part in clinic Quality Assurance and Process Improvement programs as required, to meet the standards of the Joint Commission.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
588 total views, 2 today